Our divorce blog is devoted to enlightening those people contemplating or experiencing divorce.
Divorce Find Weblog - our divorce blog began on January 3rd, 2006 and is updated daily with new posts from our team of editors and other contributing divorce professionals. Each post will address unique divorce issues in several categories like child custody, visitation, support, property division, and alimony.Doing Your Own Divorce Online Without a Lawyer
More and more people these days are exploring the option to do their own divorce online without a lawyer. If you do plan to take this path to terminating your marriage there are a few things we would like to make you aware of before you act as you own lawyer.
1. Make sure the documents you use are state specific. Each state has a unique filing procedure and unique divorce documents according to state divorce laws, so which ever service, kit, resource or book you use must be specifically for the state you are filing in.
2. Make sure that you have control over edits and changes to the documents at a reasonable or no fee at all. Rarely are the documents exactly the way you want them the first time, so re-drafts can get costly.
3. Make sure the service or resource you use to obtain your completed divorce papers online are experienced and have been in business for at least 5 years.
4. Make sure the service or resource provides customer support. The support you may need throughout the process could be worth more than the actual paperwork provided.
5. If your situation ever becomes contested, that is you and your spouse cannot agree, we suggest you hire a divorce lawyer.
Be sure to visit the resources that Support the Divorce Weblog...
Divorce - a divorce resource for state specific information. From locating divorce lawyers to researching current state divorce laws, this site is certainly a great starting point and worth bookmarking. The site does have a lot of information to offer for free but also has many products that can be easily ordered.
Divorce Support - one of the oldest divorce sites on the internet that has recently been re-designed. The site has a focus on state specific information along with a very supportive atmosphere in a collection of interactive divorce support forums. Many people use the divorce support forums to share questions and answers with one another.
Online Divorce - getting a divorce online has become more and more popular because people are realizing how much money can be saved in unnecessary lawyer fees. If you and your spouse are wiling to divorce in an uncontested fashion, this option may be perfect for you.
© Copyright DivorceFind.com 2003-2020, All Rights Reserved.